So, who even am I?

About me

(Note: This was first published on Medium back in June 16)

Ever since my interest for writing sparked in year 5, I’ve always had the question dabble into my head from time and time again:

What if I could communicate my words and ideas to a vast audience? 

And here I am today. A fresh newcomer to Blogger. I could picture year 5 me smiling proudly at myself.

I’m Mathias Lakan (my pen name, not my real name) and I’m thrilled to be on this writing journey with you guys.

Originally born in New Zealand and raised in Australia, I grew up with Filipino parents and one brother. 🦘

Outside of the shenanigans, I enjoy drawing, wall climbing, journaling, watching YT, and sometimes reading. I’ve also began training calisthenics and sprint training more seriously at the start of the year.



Press enter or click to view image in full size
All my life I’ve been a really curious person who has always valued learning anything and applying it to better your life, better those around you, and make a difference in the world. With this I’ve always wanted to communicate my ideas, thoughts and passions through writing.

That’s when I learnt about medium last year. And here I am today.

I’ll safely admit, I don’t have much of a plan for my journey or where I’m going with this new account.

We all start somewhere though. 😄

I want to write about topics such as life advice, education, history, religion, my own experiences and stories, and plenty others.

In this space, I want to ignite a community of thinkers and learners where we get to discover new things, learn from our mistakes, appreciate God’s creation ✝️ (I’m a proud Catholic), and how we can live our lives more fulfilling and meaningfully.



It means the world to me for those who’ve read this and I strongly invite you to read some of my articles and see what you think.

Feedback, praise, your thoughts, anything.

My goal is to upload once a week or every two weeks. It really depends, but I promise to provide high quality and engaging content on the blog.

You can also find me on Medium here.

Again, I’m enticed to see where this writing journey leads me to and hope you cruise along and enjoy it as much as I do.

Cheers, Mathias Lakan 🥂

Press enter or click to view image in full s

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Analog Items That Are Replacing My Screen Time

Why No One Cares About The Birthday Anymore